Helping kids start their day in a fun, active way!
We encourage kids to bike, walk, skate and scoot to school more frequently:
• Walk/Bike to School Days
• Bike Safety Festivals and Bike Rodeos
• Safe Routes to School Education and Encouragement Programs
Join us Sunday, April 6 for Earth Day at Eco Station
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter: @wannapedal
Start HERE for help getting your school Walkin’ and Rollin’
Most children simply do not get enough exercise. Only 13% of children walk or bike to school today (compared to 66% in 1970). Worse, approximately only 10% of children ages 6-10 get the recommended 60 minutes of activity a day.
Walking and biking to school may be the easiest way to reverse these trends. And why not? Kids love walking and riding bikes to school. They have fun, get to hang out with their friends and get to school ready to learn. It’s a great way to start their day. Plus it:
- Builds confidence
- Creates safer communities
- Develops healthier, more sustainable environments
- Helps children arrive energized and ready to start their day in class
- Reduces traffic and congestion around schools
- Teaches life skills: safe habits, good decision making and responsibility
When kids learn how to safely and responsibly walk and bike to school, they also learn life lessons that not only help them be better members of the community, but better stewards of the future.
Walk ‘n Rollers 310-204-4346
Walk ‘n Rollers is a Project of LACBC
Thanks to our Sponsors: