Helping kids start their day in a fun, active way!
Our work is not possible without your generous support.
Please consider a donation to help us get kids walking and rolling!
Check out our online store for great bargains. Another awesome way to support our programs!
- Walk to School Days
- Bike Skills Workshops
- Walk ‘n Roll Festivals
- Safe Routes to School Education and Encouragement Program
Together, Let’s Get Kids Walking and Rolling to School
Most children simply do not get enough exercise. Only 13% of children walk or bike to school today (compared to 49% in 1970). Worse, approximately only 10% of children ages 6-10 get the recommended 60 minutes of activity a day.
Walking and biking to school may be the easiest way to reverse these trends. And why not? Kids love walking and riding bikes to school. They have fun, get to hang out with their friends and arrive at school ready to learn. It’s a great way to start their day.
When kids learn how to safely and responsibly walk and bike to school, they also learn life lessons that not only help them be better members of the community, but better stewards of the future. Walking and biking to school also:
- Builds confidence
- Creates safer communities
- Develops healthier, more sustainable environments
- Helps children arrive energized and ready to start their day in class
- Reduces traffic and congestion around schools
- Teaches life skills: safe habits, good decision making and responsibility
- Helps children develop deeper community awareness
Start HERE for help getting your school Walkin’ and Rollin’
Visit our 5 Steps to Success page for easy step-by-step tips or contact us for more information.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter: @wannapedal
Walk ‘n Rollers 310-204-4346
Walk ‘n Rollers is a Project of LACBC