Help us teach kids to be healthier by being more active!
Support Walk ‘n Rollers by making
a year-end donation today.
Your donation – no matter how small – will help provide sustainable, community-based education and outreach to the hundreds of schools and thousands of children throughout LA County. Together we can create a generation that embraces a more active lifestyle and will reap the benefits of better walking and biking infrastructure being developed throughout the County.
Our goal this year is $5,000 to provide equipment and materials so our programs will continue to be the very best. Here is how you can help:
$25 = 3 cones / 3 Safety Vests; $50 = 1 Portable Traffic Signal; $100 = 1 Portable Stop Sign;
$250 = Bike helmets for 35 kids; $500 = Bike locks for 50 kids
3 ways to donate:
- By Check Please make your check payable to LACBC (with Walk ‘n Rollers in the memo), and mail to: Walk ‘n Rollers, 8800 Venice Blvd., Suite 301, Los Angeles, CA 90034
- Credit Card You can download our WnR Donation Form and mail it along with payment (credit card or check) to the address on the form. HERE
- Online Click here to donate online today (Clicking this link will take you to the LACBC donation page. Select your donation amount adding in “Honor Of” Walk ‘n Rollers)
In-kind donations are welcome too!
- Over 30% of the U.S. population is obese.
- Only 10% of children under the age of 10 get the recommended 60 minutes of exercise a day.
- 15-20% of morning traffic is attributed to school traffic.
- Pollution levels around school drop off zones are so high, they are independently measurable.
One key to lowering obesity levels is increased daily activity. A simple solution is to encourage kids to walk and bike to school more often. More walking and biking also means less driving, especially around schools. We need to do more to help our children – and their parents – choose a healthy, active alternative to driving.
Our vision is to create a community where children and parents alike are comfortable using active transportation whenever they choose. Walk ‘n Rollers creates comprehensive encouragement campaigns to provide daily incentives to walk and bike to school.
Will you help make this vision a reality?
We have already started putting our ideas into action. But in order for us to achieve measurable change by increasing daily activity, lowering obesity levels and creating more livable communities, we need to reach out to more communities. Be a part of the solution, please donate to this important effort.
We are also looking for volunteers to help with:
- Administration duties
- Web site and social media development
- Event coordinating
- Event staffing
- Public Relations
Thank you for your support!